Monday, April 27, 2009

Going in for surgery.

On May 4Th I'm going in for hernia surgery. I haven't been feeling like myself for about 4 weeks now. About 3 weeks ago i went to a doctor for the first time in about 20 years. The doc thought i might have a hernia but wasn't sure. He referred me to a surgical doctor over at Evergreen hospital.

A few days later i was in to see the surgical doctor After being there 1 minutes he said i had a hernia on my left side. I told him that it was my right side that was giving me the pain. He couldn't find anything . So i was sent to have an ultrasound which for a small hernia on the left side which was giving me all the pain. So now I'm having hernia surgery on both sides.

I'm going to be out of work for two weeks. I just thank my lucky stars that i have four weeks sick pay saved up.It's going to be strange not to do anything that's to physical for two weeks.

I have also started to eat healthy. No more fast foods or fatty foods for me. My cholesterol was to high. I have been eating fruits and vegetables i also in with other healthy stuff for 10 days now. I switched my coffee to non-fat and no whip. The guys at work tell me to cut out my coffee altogether. Well that's not going to happen. I need my coffee in the morning. I might down size my coffee but it won't be for another month or so at least. Also i will be joining a health club after my surgical doc says I'm good to go.

After 10 days of eating healthy i do already feel some changes. I'm looking forward to getting back into shape. My goal is to lose about 20 pounds by august. It might be a high goal but i think i can do it. I want to lose 40 pounds by thanks giving. That would put me at 155 which is what my first doctor told me i should weigh.

I'll try and blog the day before surgery since i know i won't be writing to a few days after that.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I hope everything goes well! :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with surgery, I'm sure you'll be just fine!
And congrats on making healthy changes - it can be hard. Cutting out coffee would be a bad idea, a very bad idea so don't do that. A few years ago I went to non-fat, no whip drinks & now I can't even drink the full-fat drinks - they taste too rich.

Followers

About Me

My photo
bothell, Wa, United States
35 year old male. enjoy horse racing, auto racing, hockey and Vegas.